Brew your favorite winter beer for the first annual Philly Homebrew Outlet Ho-Ho-Homebrew Competition (try saying that after you drink a couple homebrews!). This contest has some sweet prizes (See full list below), like becoming a Philly Homebrew Outlet VIP for a whole year and a case of rares from Roy Pitz Brewing Company! Here's what you need to know to use this weekend to get your blue ribbon ho-ho-homebrew, ready to roll:
- All entries should be a winter homebrew (see below for more details on what this means!)
- Entrants must drop off 3 bottles for judging.
- At drop-off, each entrant will leave with one entrant’s bottle to try and peer review.
- Entries MUST be dropped off between November 27-December 11.
- Peer Review Forms should be returned by December 15 and will be shared with each entrant, so they can enjoy a fellow homebrewer's feedback.
- Judging will take place December 18-December 20.
- Winner announced on the First Day of Winter, December 21.
- All participants must submit a beer they homebrewed.
- This is your chance to get creative, think outside the box and express your holiday homebrew style! Don't bring us a pilsner, but feel free to bring something you think defines holiday homebrewing!
Not sure what holiday homebrew to make? You can use the following Beer Judge Certification Program Beer Categories, as inspiration and guidelines:
- Category 17: Strong British Ale
- Category 20: American Porter and Stout
- Category 25: Strong Belgian Ale
- Category 26: Trappist Ale
- Category 30: Spiced Beer
Please review the guidelines from BJCP when brewing!