Chilean Merlot 6 Gal. Juice (Red)
Still a favorite worldwide, this soft-textured, fruity red is extremely easy to drink, food friendly, and versatile, which means it will be around for a long time—despite any movie-inspired tantrums.
This major Bordeaux red grape made its way to Chile in the mid-19th century, but didn’t become truly popular here until the early 1990s. “Chilean Merlot” as it was known, had a unique spicy, green-peppery characteristic that was later discovered to be due to a stowaway in the vineyard. Carmenere, a fellow Bordeaux grape that had long been forgotten in France, was found among the Merlot in 1994.
The vineyards have since been separated and true Merlot appears in nearly every one of Chile’s wine valleys and results in wines that range from fruity and friendly to vibrant and exciting, depending upon where it is planted.
Ordering/Pick Up Details:
- Preorder ends late April!
- Pick up available at Philly Homebrew Outlet in West Philly.
- NOT AVAILABLE FOR TONEWOOD OAKLYN PICKUP!
- NO SHIPPING! Seriously, 20% restocking fee for shipping orders that refuse to change to pickup!
- Local delivery also available for $10. Be cool to your driver.
- Please allow 2 weeks for delivery or pick up!(
- Feel free to use our mill when you need it!